View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to speak to the legalities of having software that "spies" for potential cheat applications that may or may not have more insight into what else you do on your computer, because that varies by state/country. Nor am I going to speak to the ethics of using a tool to watch for cheating that has potential to see more than just that, because obviously most of us have made our peace with that ages ago.

What I will say is that there are hundreds of people on each of two servers (and tens of people on a third) at any given time, so probably thousands of active users overall. P99 is a volunteer-run organization with limited resources and only a handful of active staff, so it is extremely unrealistic that they have the human bandwidth nor infrastructure to monitor what everyone is doing on their computers outside of flagging the hashes of certain apps (as someone else explained already very nicely). It would take at least hundreds of people to watch what everyone is doing on their computers. It would take petabytes of storage to even list the titles all the open windows on everyone's computers on every minute they're playing. In short, even if this massive invasion of privacy you're worried about is possible from a technical standpoint, it's not realistically possible from a resource standpoint.

As for warning you about this, it's at least somewhat covered here in
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players...rd-Party_Tools - specifically "Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s)."

They've warned you they're detecting stuff on your computer.

Since you insist that's all you're asking them to do, asked and answered.
Oh, them trolls ;-)

"The wiki is player maintained, and not supported by the Project 1999 Staff."