View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me wondering why there are homeless people everywhere down town.

Why dont we spend 50 billion on them?

If you're suggesting its orcs on orcs over there.. we got kids with mouthes open like, right there *points in any direction
I'm sure most of us (the non trump culters anyway) would prefer the money go to that instead, but it's never going to happen. It's especially disingenuous for someone like you to propose helping the homeless with that money when you'd never support it as anything other than an attempt at rhetoric (Nirvana fallacy).

Just because some completely unrealistic but favorable alternative exists in your mind doesn't negate my point-- supporting Ukraine is one of the best possible uses of US defense $$$ to advance our interests in US history. Money that was never going to go to the homeless, even if Ukraine was never at war.

In other words, "we shouldn't exploit an incredible and rare opportunity to hobble one of our greatest enemies because some people are homeless downtown" is a terrible argument.