Thread: Game Mechanics: SK's Aggro Spells Not Working
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't know for certain that the person who wrote this actually played until level 39. It's still quite possible he simply looked up the spells that are available and/or simply heard from higher level SKs that this spell acquired is either another good choice for hate or quite possibly better hate at the level it is acquired.
If not 39, than close. Disease Cloud being an entry level 9th spell, anything past 20 is still a good amount of experience with tanking to understand what provides the best aggro for mana cost.

Quote:
RE: Argh By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Apr 21st 10:33 AM 2001 Score: Good[4.33]
Are you an ogre in disguise?

Fool, mana is all that matters to a true shadowknight. If you do not have mana what are you? A pitiable second rate warrior.

Now my young fool, I shall tell you how a true Erudite works. I use a slow weapon with a near 5 second delay. However it has incredible damage potential. I am physically weaker than our larger comrads with only 110 strength. However I have stopped trying to raise it. Why you ask?

It is unimportant. With my slow weapon I can cast between swings, currently I have 128 intelligence, and with my lifetaps I can add over 400 health to myself over the course of a fight while weakening my enemy by that much. Now, I have more health than a stupid troll or ogre, I've done more damage than them as well. I can also heal faster than any troll or iksar could ever dream by lifetapping small greens or from the pulls of other groups.

Do not remain a fool, mana is your only tool. Brute force only matters if you intend to remain a brute.

-Daelin
Xev
https://web.archive.org/web/20010107.../001957-5.html

Quote:
Daelin Shadowtouch
Newbie Poster

posted October 25, 2000 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daelin Shadowtouch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ainlaina:
a lack of imagination hits YOU for 360 damage!
i have actually spent entire days playing the game without ever even fighting a MOB, much less camping. AND i have thoroughly enjoyed that time. Some things that I do in the game...

-trade skills
-mentoring young (newbie) paladins
-buffing and healing newbies
-exploring (still many zones i have never been to yet)
-explore cities and talk to NPCs
-and that's just for starters...

the game is as fun as YOU want to make it. if you are looking for passive entertainment, go watch TV.

i think the best thing they could do in the next version of EQ is get rid of that little orange exp bar. leveling should be a side benefit of adventuring, not the other way around.

by the way, i have been level 29 for months, and only incidentally reached 30 recently. i was actually quite suprised when i heard the "DING" sound and saw i had gained a level. so i went and bought my new spells, and instead of rushing back to camp to get more experience, i spent the rest of the night casting my new buffs on newbies. i had a GREAT time, and made a lot of new "virtual" friends.

Ainlaina

I have been to every zone that is suvivable below level 30.

I have timed how long it takes to walk from Qeynos to freeport. I've helped newbies, I've soloed, I've grouped, I've fought a griffon at level 29 (not recommended but I did survive).

If you split RPG players into groups I'd fall into the explorer group. The only reason I level is so that I may explore a new zone, new spells, whatever. I've played every race and every class. You know what I've discovered?

Just when the classes start to show some real diversity (meaning when everyone isn't up close and personal doing melee on the mob and nothing else) you start camping.

Oh it's subtle at first, just stay in one area and keep killing things, not nessicarily the same things, but you do as your group wants (especially if you're a wizard because groups are RARE!). Since you're forced to group you're forced to camp.

Thus is the nature of EverQuest.

------------------
Daelin Shadowtouch
Erudite Shadowknight
Soi Disant Gentry
Povar

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either way though, without hard numbers from in era, like a players log files or parse or some type of formal testing someone may have done, we can't really get a good idea of just how much hate this spell should generate. If I have time, and If I care enough, I might spend some time looking for hard to data to either justify my position or possibly a change if that data says otherwise.
https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19

Quote:
Old 09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Just a reminder:

While a lot of you have been contributing a lot of bugs recently, which is awesome, we have a high standard of accuracy / evidence. While we don't need a congressional hearing about every bug fix, throwing us a link to something definitive from a waybacked site is the most helpful thing you can do, other than pointing our attention to the bug itself. It helps us make the change with confidence that we're doing the right thing.

Also, search the forums to see if your issue has already been addressed.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 09-24-2010 at 05:11 PM..
Quote:
Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Project Manager

With the new round of beta testing, this is highly relevant.

Please make sure to include all the information you can about an issue.

I'm wasting a lot of time reading posts with no research or links.

Thanks.
Last edited by Ennewi; 12-31-2022 at 11:26 PM..