View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s not get lost in the weeds over Blood Ember armor again.

The only comparison here that makes sense is the IC vs GM. Both epic and semi-epic quests. Both with hp taps which besides an invig BP (about 7hp/sec while clicking) or a fungi. (2.5hp/sec) is your only mana-free way to keep hps up.

The Epic is easily buyable and can be MQ’ed. Hell you can just loot it since it drops off Lhranc. That said I can’t imagine getting a soul leach for less than 80k. With the other stuff and a fight I’d assume this is a 130-150k buy.

The Greenmist MQ to like the 6th Kukri is around 15k. Throw in a few little parts like the golem fight and borrowing someone’s Drussila mirror and you are done.

The epic proc is 50hps/damage per tick. It’s a -200 check will land on a lot of raid stuff. There is no other component so aggro wise it’s basically 8dps for the dot alone. 5 Exceptionally low aggro. 5 ticks = 250hp. It’s noticeably more dps, even the white damage. Stats are better and you get 2h bash, no race restrictions.

The Greenmist is a 0 check disease check. It will get resisted on stuff. There is an AC and Str tap component (ac is huge aggro). It’s 30hp/dmg per tick. 6 ticks = 180 hps. It’s a 1h so it’s less dps but you can use a shield; if you raid flurry or Sev shields are very easy to get. The stats are really nice, no hps but 25MR is underrated. You can pull aggro on VS/R and wipe your guild with one…someone did to mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No single piece of gear will make a race worth playing if you don’t like it at the char creation screen. Raid gear levels the playing field. Most knight spells are very low aggro to cast so it’s the skill behind the char more than the size of your HP or mana pool. If you are a fatty, great. If you love Iksars, awsome. If you go with a small non-perked race, no problem. The epic is always possible…if you farm fine steel or have a guild that occasionally races for golems. It’s just going to take more time or plat to get it done than the Greenmist.
We aren't getting "lost in the weeds" when talking about Blood Ember. That is the trade off. Iksar's get Greenmist, other races get Blood Ember. Unfortunately we don't get the update to Greenmist that removes the Iksar-only restriction.

Obviously if you like Iksar, play Iksar and get Greenmist. But OP seems to be open to many SK races since he is asking about race.

Wiki says Greenmist is 30 damage over 8 ticks. Is it wrong, or did you type the number of ticks wrong? Genuinely curious since I don't have a Greenmist to test that myself.

I do agree the 25 MR is nice, but if you are able to get a Sev shield, you can just get an Axe of Resistance if you want high resists on a weapon. Using Axe of Resistance + Sarnak Battle Shield + Runed Bone fork is 40 MR/CR/FR. Greenmist + Sarnak Battle Shield + Stone of Morid is 35 MR 40 CR/FR. Greenmist isn't going to give you a leg up in the end if resistance gear is your goal.