View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 03:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

The problem is, A) what you linked might have issues with our (old) version of the MediaWiki software, and B) it would change the wiki for everyone (ie. it wouldn't be a "dark mode", it'd be permanent darkness for all).

It is possible to add a (true) dark mode to the wiki though. It would take someone who knows CSS writing a new CSS file, or modifying and testing that guy's (it has almost 2500 lines of code, so starting fresh might actually be easier than tweaking/testing his file). Either way, the new file would need to use the prefer-color-scheme media query, to only show the styles with dark mode turned on in their browser.

If anyone wants to make/test such a file I'll happily add it to the wiki ... but Kavious's suggestion of just using a browser extension is probably going to be a lot easier.

Hey bro, you don't have to reply just to say they won't or we can't. That's not helpful for the sake of sounding helpful.

It's just no dark mode in 2023? Is it a huge programmatic effort to add a theme to a wiki and see if it works? I'm almost very sure that it's not.

They may only have productions systems to work with. I could see how one would not want to rock that boat.

If they don't want to take the time that's fine. I don't get the lack of support. I mean I get it, but I don't. But I guess I can't complain...?

Thanks for the alternatives guys!