View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get really creative with SK fear kiting in close quarters. Paired with the right gear like epic/crown/fungi/BE clickies, my SK could go for a few hours at a time before really needing a serious med break to the point where I don't believe any other melee could keep up xp wise.

This is really dependent on the camp though, if there's no room at all and you have to face tank constantly, like Kedge, pally will win hands down because SKs struggle with downtime heals. They got shafted not having access to 210 bind wound as well, which I find odd because pallies got it and they are better healers.
I agree with this. Any situation where the SK cannot fear kite (camp setup or mob immunity), then a Paladin is superior. They can face tank better, and don't need to worry as much about spell resists since they are healing themselves more often than they are attempting to land a spell on the mob.

This mostly becomes an issue with solo challenges. Typically a level 60 SK isn't going to be soloing mobs that are 55+ or snare/fear immune to begin with. That type of encounter is ranging into the territory of trying to solo a Cliff Golem. Both SKs and Paladins can do that if they are geared well enough, but the Paladin will probably have the easier time. But those mobs are better suited to be killed by other classes hehe. If you can fully raid gear a Paladin or SK, you probably have another class that could do the encounter better.