View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Some great proof here of the mana cap scaling at low levels. Some people post some bogus formulas claiming 6k max mana at 60 but easily was debunked.

Some intriguing reading:
http://web.archive.org/web/200105042...ML/000565.html
Quote:
I know must of you will not believe this. But I am almost 100% sure there is a mana cap. I added 190 mana from items alone to a twink mage I made. My lvl 1 nuke spell only cost 7 mana. So I should be able to cast well over 20 just with my gear alone, not counting my mana I had already. Well I couldn't cast anywhere near 20. More like 8 or 9. Does anyone know when I get my mana that my items say I have? And please spare me of your disbeleifs on this subject unless you go test it out(then I would like to hear it).
Quote:
Mana is capped (or maybe artificially limited is a better phrase) at low levels. NOt sure when the cap lifts but it's there.
I created a Iksar Necro to cast Invis Undead on my Wizard once (so my wizard could get down to the jester in Kurn's). Invis undead is a lvl 1 necro spell that cost 40 mana - I never found a way to cast it at level 1, you just can't have that much mana at lvl 1.

I put the basic gold/plat Jade (mana/hp) jewelry on him but it didn't help. I put my Tolamupj's Robe and Shrouded Viel on him and he still coudn't cast it. That's about +200 mana worth gear total. So I leveled him up to level 2. Even with the +70 mana worth of jewelry I still had to give him the +30 mana face piece before he could cast a 40 mana spell on my wizard.