View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 05:39 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah they didnt have great instructions im a bit confused.

EDIT: So with having followed steps 1-5 in the readme, is this spreadsheet simply explaining what was already done when I overwrote the EMTs? Or is this an additional step that needs to be done?

I am taking the downloaded mp3 from the music folder, making multiple copies of it with the name of the xmis in my everquest directory, and overwriting them with the same name? So I am taking a copy of the mp3 "theme" and renaming it "freportn.3" and pasting it into my main directory as a mp3? Am I missing a step? And why would that play in lieu of the xmi file if they have different file types?

Last, am I supposed to be doing anything with the XMI to MP3.ods file?
It's explaining what was already done. The only folders you need to worry about are the music, optional, and EMT folders. It's a lot simpler than it looks.

1. Copy the entire music folder into your root EverQuest game directory (so that it's a subfolder in your EverQuest folder).

2. Copy the .emt files from the EMT folder directly into your root EverQuest game folder overwriting the existing .emt files (probably good idea to back these up first.)

3. If you want the main EQ theme, combat themes, and death theme, copy the .mp3 files from the optional folder directly into your root EverQuest game folder.

Done.

Alternatively, you can just download and extract my .emt's and music directly into your EverQuest folder (overwrite any existing files): https://bit.ly/3paKc0w

It's larger, much less optimized and includes redundant songs, but accomplishes the same thing as bivouac's package.
Last edited by Maestrobob; 07-09-2023 at 05:41 PM..