Thread: Quillmane spawn
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You shouldn't have to do a clear to time the spawn. That means, that zone is useless now for normal players. The old system was minimally disruptive to the zone. And, as I said, if a server's guilds can't lay down some ground rules on QM behavior, then the problem is not the spawn.
"Disruptive to the zone" is a bit of a stretch. Most of the mobs on the PH cycle are "a lion/lioness" and various low level wolves, and nobody goes to SK to kill level 5-15 mobs as the zone is really more geared towards 25+. That said, Shelties, Cyclopes, Harriers, and rarely Treants are on the cycle but they are so roamy and sporadic that there are better places to find those mobs, such as KFC and the dedicated treant area.

And I understand the frustrations above with them changing the QM cycle in the middle of the server's operation, but that's not unlike many of the changes made as information surfaces that something is not classic. Phase Spiders were made to summon, which made PSC's go from 1k to like 2500 because bards can't easily swarm them now. Things like that. It's how the server has always operated.

I've been in Kingdom since Kunark, so well before the QM change, and while I didn't take an interest in cloaks until AFTER the change, I can say that based on guildchat we didn't do Peggy Cloak farming very often. When we did it wasn't to sell, either.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.