Thread: Quillmane spawn
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Kobold

If the original devs had designed Quillmane spawn an expansion or two later it'd probably work more like velious spawns with an expanding window and a chance to skip and a random spawn location, except condensed to hours instead of days like lodi/kozz. No PH.

i think the intent was always just for the mob to rarely but randomly be up for people wandering the zone looking for him, not something you camp.

this experience can never be replicated on p99 because the server is too top heavy with infinite alts all chasing the same item at the same time.

and it would never happen with the original spawn mechanic because the convoluted ph system was clearly made with the expectation that random newbies would be routinely killing random trash in SK, which never happens. it didnt even happen on live that i remember except maybe early in vanilla (idk, didnt play that far back). the devs grossly misjudged what content would be utilized and how or didnt care if future expansions made it obsolete.

the new p99 quillmane is definitely more classic, but im glad all my alts have cloaks. the new farming method doesnt sound horrible though. gl cloak hunters