View Single Post
Old 07-27-2023, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes 1-3 minutes to run from entrance to any camp in the zone. In this case the PH is dead with a 20-min respawn timer, though. The etiquette / code of conduct / agreement is to wait for a PH to be up for about 2 minutes before taking a camp.

If I log in and see a PH up, I'll do an ooc CC and wait 2 min while standing right in front of the spawn. I'll kill it (claiming the camp) at that point.
Similarly, when finished with a camp, people generally leave the PH up. This signals to everyone else that the camp is now open. It's also somewhat common to see in ooc "camp X open" if someone leaves after holding it for a long time.

This approach allows for camping out buffs, provides buffer time for client crashes, etc. As long as you are there on time for the PHs, people will respect your camp.
Yeah I just meant more like ok if the Ench is sitting out there flaking around for 10 minutes or more are you still supposed to give them the camp if they decide to come back eventually (before the next PH spawns)?

Seems to me like it would be fair to take the camp at that point unless the other person is actively making that run down from BW/entrance.