View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 08:49 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol thats funny because once it got to about 2k the loginserver stopped working.

FUrthermore the client is every bit as trash as TAKP. Guaranteed in 3 months it's less popular than TAKP. What a shitshow. Guess those of us who have been dreaming for a pop-era server with a stable, functional client will have to keep waiting
This crash was on the TAKP codebase since its inception. I wrote the netcode a decade ago when I was still learning how to code, so I've since modernized the handling of the old netcode stream proxies in under 2 hours last night.

The result was a fix for memory corruption and a memory leak that resulted in both the loginserver and worldserver crashing under extreme load. They would've never found that without PQ's help, and now long-term, there's another huge fix for EQMac's emulation by proxy.

I suppose it's hard to really scope this stuff when you aren't working on it, but I figured I owed you an explanation of why it took 2 hours to unwind code from 10 years ago.

You can also see the commit that fixed it here:
https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/c...040b366745e059

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle