View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always hear players talking about their Alts and other accounts etc. and someone was talking about having a 2nd account with a Cleric so he always has access to a Res. Is this legal? If this is legal I would like to start 2nd Account Cleric and level him to 50 for this reason alone - so I can res my main or res friends. This seems very useful but if I have 2 computers running from my house won't the IP be the same and will the GM think I am boxing? I have no interest in boxing but would like to buff or res only between accounts. Is this considered boxing? How is this done legally please.
this only works when you have a few people you can trust not to mess around with your account. typically, i will share my cleric's log in info with a few friends of mine, so we all have access. if one of us needs a rez, we ping the discord chat with all 4 of us to see if anyone is able to log in and rez.

i know other people have done the temporary password when loaning out to a guildie or a less trusted compatriot, but i couldnt be bothered to constantly change a password