Thread: Rogue as a main
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 04:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86zskidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're ok with being useless solo, sure.
People looking at a Rogue that are concerned about not finding groups or having to solo, Everquest is a game where you can ALWAYS make progress if you hate yourself, or are bored enough, and want to kill something once every 6-minutes or so...

I leveled my Rogue entirely solo from 1-51 with relatively bad gear while working-from-home and "dad camping" spawns. It was chill and perfectly doable/safe, plus I had "fun" stabbing stuff to pass the time.

Did 1-35 in Banded Armor, Orc fang earrings, SCHW, 2x 65hp rings, Sarnak Backstabber + Guard Captain's Mallet, and some bandages.
  • Everfrost & Blackburrow. I killed critters and gnolls.
  • West Karana. At the bottom of the hill with the bandit camp on top, you can get 2 singles.
  • Oasis. Crocodiles are non-social.
  • South Karana. Single birds at KFC. Centaurs in their stalls (kill greens). Gnolls at Spires.

Upgraded some gear such as adding haze panther gear and barbed dragonscale boots and shoulders. No epic, fungi, or better weapons though.
  • West Karana. Kill either of the Cyclops Froon and Choon. Can pull a single despite them seeming close.
  • Dreadlands Yetis or Firiona Vie Dogs (low-mid 40s was the hardest I encountered, but I didn't really seek out a better spot. I'm sure there is somewhere good though).
  • Feerrott. Bouncer Hurd.

Look, I'm sure 51-60 is awful unless you have good gear, but 1-51 was not too terrible as a solo Rogue.
  • It is trivial to land backstabs while solo as long as you have SoW potions.
  • If you're AFK-camping a spawn, you can open every fight from hide with backstab and go into an intimidate (doesn't always land on first try or at all, lol).
  • I never messed with poisons.
  • I'd eat a few deaths if I got some bad RNG and they clobbered me, but I didn't have too many issues or deaths I can recall.