Thread: Spells: Bard Aggro
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Banned

Bards were initially a chain-armor class until some point late in beta when it became apparent that aggro would remain an issue, necessitating access to platemail.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040828...cending&page=3

Quote:

Re: Bard's taunting
Options
kinuvann
Apprentice

Viewed 233 times

Well since they nerfed chant aggro we kind of need a way to taunt and hold aggro yes.

One thing tho, I see in this thread people keeping putting the fact we are a plate class foward:

During beta bards were a chain class but since songs had the same aggro than regular spells ( and we cast many more spells than casters) they switched us to plate to handle the beat down. Ironically it wasn't enough and after many bards bitched about getting owned in plane of fear/hate they added the bard aggro code which reduced all our songs to something like 1 point of aggro per cast ( including proc and discluding a few songs like runes/chant that bypass the code).

07-26-2004 11:26 AM

https://web.archive.org/web/20040222...html?item=4431

Quote:
hahahahahhahha Reply...
Posted @ Wed, Nov 19th 1:02 PM 2003
By: stephanavich
9 posts
Score: Default [1.55]
did the tizmaks meat in under an hour. they drop velium, so it's not all bad. went to bloodmaw, handed him the 4 meats, he despawned, but i didn't know he was supposed to despawn, so i freaked. i check the quest, doh, you just say "can i have the map please" (something like that) to the gnome, boom. easiest part to get.

i run to iceclad to scope out where stormfeather spawns. i sit there for 45 minutes, and bamn, he spawns directly on my head. that's luck. on the way to the dire wolves, a shaman is taking out lodi, i throw in some stabs, boom, i have that piece.

then to the dire wolves. i had a friendly guild bard agro as many as he could, then i would hydra my wizard and aoe them to death. after about 20 minutes, give or take, stalker spawns, i have that peice.

i get the book from the lost pirate (down on the shore, a stones throw from stormfeather spawn), combine. give it back to him, he hands me back other thing. at this point, a rabid cougar spawns. he was slightly harder than regular ones, but not a real challenge, he does aggro right away and only dropped a mq cougar pelt. give to captain nalot (he's in the igloos on the same island), and boom shakalaka, i have my mask.

as far as i can tell, it DOES not stack with other speed spells, but i haven't tested it with bard songs. this comboed with my ragebringer, i have constant 60% haste. i believe that is the fastest anyone has finished this quest. go me.

*point and laugh*

gimbley
52 rogue
saryn

Edited, Wed Nov 19 13:06:00 2003

https://web.archive.org/web/20020201...picID=47.topic

Quote:
Warnin Wraithlore
Administrator
(2/4/01 3:08:00 am)

LOL!
Came across this on someones sig on the message board. Thought the bards may get a kick out of it:

Description of a bard...."taunting-without-meaning-to, running-faster-then-anyone-has-a-right-to, 3 second-mezzing, charming-a-lizard-and-confusing-the-piss-out-of-the-poor-sk [WHICH damn sentinel did you charm?!?!?!?], lag-inducing, kickass-resistance-songs-till-they-aggro-the-dragon-and-die, sparkling songsters and lastly the ability to summon water out ouf your boots and food out of your pants."
Last edited by Ennewi; 11-06-2023 at 02:42 PM..