View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AFAIK there is no rule that allows you to take mobs from a player that is actively kiting or has them agro'd. In fact any such rule would render one of the main strategies that bards use to level completely useless. Doing so would fall sqaurely inside of the definition of kill stealing and therefore would be a punishable offense.

1. You may not steal kills.

Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of an NPC for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group that is prepared to engage that same NPC without that group's specific permission.
Yep - I am well aware of rule 1. However it has been discussed for years that if a bard has a high mob count kite and you have nothing to kill you can take mobs from the kite.

I talked to Stigion on discord this AM, (I play on green) and per GM ruling, pulling mobs off a swarm kite is allowed if the Bard has more than 4 mobs in the kite and you have nothing to kill due to the bard monopolizing spawns.

The reasoning is that its takes a long time to establish the kite and kills the mobs, and this ties up many many mobs in a very slow kill cycle that deprives other players of normal opportunities to kill mobs.