View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing that would bring in a noticeable batch of new players to p99 blue, aside from a green merger with no new green to follow it up, is custom content.

Nobody wants to start on a server with 15 years of alts and mudflation when they have places like Green and Quarm.

Also the core of P99s demographic is people that played classic live, or played live and heard stories about classic. That's a finite and exhaustible population, again, without custom content.

I don't think CoM Moat camp respawning prematurely once every 2 weeks is keeping people away.
I think this is the appeal, for those of you that would call it that, of Quarm. Its basically a completely custom content shell using P99 graphics and zone maps.

For me its a no go. I came to P99 to play the game as it was played when I left it and P99 delivers on that perfectly. For players in their first few months it can be frustrating that the servers don't really care about or cater to you but really the "new player" experience only lasts a few months max. From that point on for a server to exist for years the only core player base are those in raiding entities that are trying to advance their equipment/capabilities.

Big fans of the GMs putting new twists out there with things like double loot and kill one pick one quakes. Would love to see some twists that create more anarchy like:
  • Unrooting all the dragons (not classic)
  • Removing the litany of rules for each encounter - stall/kite mobs as long as you want, kill mobs wherever you want, train other guilds that move up on your spot, ect.
  • Open server raid an entire round of spawns (quake or natural)
  • Add caps to max number of people on an encounter log
  • Create a proximity ring requiring everyone on the engage to be in melee distance (especially entertaining on heavy AOE mobs)