View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. I was curious if you tried to put it into exact values for expected actions-per-minute in the manner that you did the kill-rate calculation down to the second. We know the JBB is less actions, but how much less? Is it five per cent less, or ten per cent, or fifty per cent less, or something in the middle?

If not, that's fine too, I'm not about to specifically ask someone to add up something I could do myself if I was sufficiently motivated. Just checking if you already calculated that as part of tyhe simulation.
I didn't actually, but I can do a quick calculation.

You would cast 22 spells on average for the JBB Shaman. 20/22 of those spells are JBB. You are pressing 4 buttons for slow + root, as you are also clicking your GCD item once each. 20 buttons for JBB, and 1 button for pet attack. Roughly 25 buttons over 2 minutes of combat. Then you press sit and rest for 1 minute. 26 Actions over 3 minutes I would say, or 8.66.

You would cast 15 spells on average for the DoTing Shaman. Each of these spells requires a GCD click, so that is 30 buttons minimum (assuming you have a macro for canni dance) and 1 for pet attack. 31 actions over 3 minutes I woul say, or 10.33. Maybe 32 if you need to sit manually after your final spell if it was not canni dance.

Neither of these numbers are very big, so I wouldn't say the APM difference matters too much. It is all the other things I mentioned before that really widen the gap between JBB and DoTing.