View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 08:54 AM
Skeleton

Interesting, as I've been experiencing a myriad of problems after returning to the game with a two year gap.

The main one is the game crashing in OT, near the dock. Zoning in is fine but as it nears the dock, the whole client locks and needs a task manager kill. It seems quite a few Kunark zones are similarly affected. Tried adding ini updates for CPU, without success. Set compat on the exe without success. Parts of it seem random too. For example, I logged back in after a crash in OT, game client seemed OK, panned and it locked again. Relogged again and it all seemed fine. Logged another char, crashed at the same part.

The other crash I get from time to time is that my keyboard simply stops interacting with the game. UI controls, like clicking stand and sit work fine but nothing responds to keyboard (and of course the keyboard is fine, the client is the focus and so on). Only fix is to restart the client.

The usual other crashes accompany all the above. Alt-Enter to go fullscreen dies. Camping out can random pop a crash dialog and so on.

It's not at all what I remember from even just a couple of years ago.