View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

As Jimjam and videri said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Useful for pulling if you don’t want to use a spell.
• Some bow/arrow combos have longer range than spells
• Arrows have a flight time, giving you a head start on fast mobs or casters
• Save mana I guess if you think you need to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arrows have flight time so you can get round of corner before the enemy aggroes, preventing them from immediately beginning to cast on you. Something particularly useful for a class which can FD.
Bows do indeed have utility for pulling.

I use https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing...r_of_Fennin_Ro for this kind of pulling. It doesn't require me to use inventory space on arrows, and the range of this specific clickie spell is much longer than the typical spell range. The clickie spell also has flight time. This means it basically mimics a bow.

Bows still have an advantage over blazing bracer in that they fire immediately, which can be useful if every second counts when doing the pull. I am not 100% sure, but there may be a few bow/arrow combinations that have a longer range too.

SK's typically don't need to bow kite. They can fear kite instead. Their archery skill caps at 75 too, which is pretty low.

That being said, mobs above level 55 cannot be feared, so an SK could bow kite something like an Ice Burrower or Tantor if they really wanted to lol. If you had Bio Orb you could probably even bow kite summoning mobs. just alternate between spamming Bio Orb and Archery. It would take forever, but it could be done.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-02-2024 at 05:32 PM..