View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 11:42 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
While technically 3 npcs is parsed data it’s not very useful. Additionally there is no base agil control to determine how the higher agility helps. A shaman with a stack of emeralds can buff a max of 152 agility, imho I’d find a reliable target that never changes level and run a LOT of parses. At least if trying to present your build in challenge to the status quo. If you don’t care to win people over the parsing or effort isn’t needed…just do your thing and ignore the noise.

A lot of necros stand there getting hit and tapping. It’s just the least efficient way to kill something that doesn’t summon if you have plans A-D available. Any class where hps convert to mana means taking damage is losing mana. Even if not resulting in failure, it’s less efficient than avoiding taking damage. The ideal formula is the same for all classes…most blue kills per hour with least downtime. While fun and a nice alternative to have for niche situations, this isn’t efficient even with a DS stacking build.
4 mobs, but I agree, too small of a sample size to show anything definitive. Just looking at "miss" numbers while killing for drops. As far as I know, higher agility/avoidance ac should help by mobs missing you with attacks more often. While worn gear, and spell, ac determines how hard you get hit. I would have probably seen better numbers against lower level mobs but I wanted numbers against things that I would actually "want" to be fighting. I ran gamparse the whole time I played that character, 25-60+, for my own amusement. That vid, of which the footage is 2 years old now, is the only thing I have left of any of those numbers. I guess, if anything, it shows that even a less optimized boneknight is still very capable.

Tap tanking is, definitely, the least efficient necro strat. It's more about killing fast, something necros aren't, typically, known for. I was hoping that tanking would be where the avoidance gimmick came into play, or at least high general ac. If avoidance was doing anything, you should need fewer lifetap nukes, which eat up the most mana. It should also be easier to channel them through combat rounds. Lifetap dots, which are the most efficient, should have an easier time healing over the damage taken. Especially, when stacking two of them. These were the ideas in my head, at the time. Still hard to say if all the avoidance made a difference, even after seeing all the numbers. Even if it was, my actual factual boneknight character certainly hasn't had it any more difficult for not having as much AGI. Burst damage is better with more DEX weapon procs, so fights don't last as long. Which is, certainly, more efficient. I would recommend the DEX build over the AGI build for anyone wanting to try a tap tank focused necro, all day. To a new player, I would say to follow the guides, with the caveat of "make sure every gear piece has, at least, some AC on it". High mitigation AC is good on any class, imo.

Quote:
um because you turn yourself into a skeleton and play like a knight maybe?
Be that as it may, it still sounds silly to me. I was just calling it "battle necro" or "taptank necro" before, which makes more sense. Boneknight it is, I suppose.