Thread: good news
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's just the "I don't wanna be the first guy" syndrome. Red has a low pop on the server list so people don't want to roll on red. It's low population unfairly broadcasts some quality about the ruleset that isn't necessarily true, so it becomes a feedback loop of people not rolling.

It's like social media. Nobody wants to be the first person to like a post, regardless of the content of the post, but they are horny as hell to be the 38th person to like something which has been safely sanctioned by the herd as a safe thing to like.
My trouble is sticking around when there's nobody to group with.

Luckily I rolled on green during its heyday, and was able to make dozens of friends. Join large guilds, raid consistently, all that jazz before it became Blue 2.0, with the same people doing the same raids for 2.5 years now (coming up on 3 since Green velious).

But this means I'm afforded things that help with low population mid-level EXPing in the current meta. (Twink gear, plat for ports, etc)

What is there to do on red but play a solo class? especially if none of your friends want to either a) play EQ p99 ever again, or b) don't want to leave blue/green where all their plat/gear is.