View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn’t the point of levelling up and gearing a character so you can do more content not less?

If I level a warrior to 60 so I can traipse around Solusek’s Dungeon roleplaying the owner of a dilapidated Bed and Breakfast that is my choice. Likewise a level 58 mage spending 2 years doing thirty five hour weeks on seafuries so they can leverage an epic mq is their choice.

Sol A is one of the worst/best examples of this exactly. I;ve seen many people on green, near level 60 roll through Sol A without regard for what anyone else is camping and clear house to collect bricks of ore.

scenario i see somewhat regularly: when the 55+ mage, rogue, monk, etc.. pops their head in to the bar room - the group killing goblins now knows why they cant find any spawns outside of this one room. when someone from the group sends tells to the player, and they dont respond - just continue walking around the entire entry part of Sol A clearing every goblin in sight-- players ask for CC, but the 55+ clearing the zone is antisocial and wont call a camp. would rather walk around the zone for hours on end killing everything that isnt in line of sight of any other players, regardless of where theyre camping. result: instead of competing for engage with a player twice their level - the group decides the much sowed down exp isnt worth it and return to MM or Highkeep.

i dont think its the GMs responsibility to remove these players from the zone. technically speaking, theyre not breaking any PnP policies... but watching a 55+ player spend hours and hours of no-afk style clearing mobs half their level is pretty cringe
Last edited by zelld52; 04-10-2024 at 04:21 PM..