View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This is one of the problems with the EverQuest TLPs. The scheduled XP boost periods are so predictable that it genuinely feels bad to play the game outside of them. I found myself exclusively playing on Memorial Day weekend, Christmas etc. because the exp was so much insanely faster that it felt like you were punishing yourself by trying to play the game outside of them.

I would like to see hot zones, or ZEMs adjusted for certain dungeons though. My classicc experience when EverQuest was new was staying in Karnor's Castle and then going to Sebilis until level 60 basically. Kind of made me sad to realize no one groups in Sebilis the way they did on live back in the day. Also I don't think it was really viable for high level characters to be leveling in Karnor's castle the way they do on P99.

I tried to stay in KC as long as I could on Tunare server back in the day and the exp pretty much stopped moving at level 54, and getting to 54 was pushing it pretty severely. If I recall the only meaningful exp in the zone at that point was the basement.

I just want that nostalgic feeling of going to Sebilis and getting PUGs at the entrance, or hanging out at bugs and chit chatting with the group there, and hoping someone would leave so I could join etc.

I wonder also if that would affect the economy, if Sebilis became a thing on P99. Like I regularly got crypt groups as a rogue, so I don't know if Torpor, Heiro Cloak, and Fungus tunic would be super rare and expensive if groups were leveling there like clockwork.