View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default Burning wood is diffinitl not classic in mob pathing

BURNING WOODS IS FUBARD when it comes to mob pathing. I visited this zone recently and was a bit shocked to see mobs where their not supposed to be. Mind you their is hardly any info on allakazam except a few post by me back in day talking about safe areas to hunt with nice 7min timers.

on p1999 you have mobs going all willy nilly all over the zone this is NOT how it was back in kunark release. the map below is from my personal expierence of months upon months of hunting in this zone.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(credit for this map goes eqatlas found through hosting done on eqmac websits)

around veliuos they changed the pathing in this zone but it stil roughly what i have shown on this map.

MOBS CAN AND DO GO SLIGHTLY PAST THE LINES I HAVE DRAWN BUT WILL NOT CROSS THE ENTIER CIRCLED AREAS UNLESS THEY ARE MOBS THAT ARE FOUND IN THAT COLORED AREA AREA.

Green = safe area mobs would not or very rarely wander into this area usuaully only because some one trained them

Puprplse = ONLY Sarnaks of various kinds should be found in this area.

Orange = ONLY wasps of all kinds found in this zone should be in these areas nothing else exception is the skele for the medallion quest for Veeshan peaks

Pink/magenta = NOTHING should path through this area I know because i quaded hundreds of mobs here or fear kited hundreads of mobs here. Reason i did this was becuase you could quad here safely all day. Intended or not that is how it was on release of kunark. even after pathing changes done to burning woods in Velious i believe, this is how it was. you can (if you play on eqmac) see this for yourself I played their and still is like this. ONLY THE UNDEAD / GAINTS from building/ FORT within the circle of magenta will wander freely here and that mostly form druids /bards/ necroos etc runnign the mbos around here dying /gateing etc and mobs pathign back to the building.

Gaint fort hill was always safe to fear kit /quad unless you went south base were thier was mobs wanderin or the western base or northen base. infact one of the named wurms for wurmslayer quest wander to the base of north face of hill that gaint fort is on. mobs would not climb the hill as they do now.
Last edited by Buellen; 11-01-2014 at 02:14 PM..