View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

imo the "right" thing to do would have been to ban those players who were caught cheating. when i first read the "cheaters" patch notes (slong with the punitive actions taken), i was a little ticked.

i was like "sheet, you mean this whole time i coulda been cheatin and only got a slap on the wrist for it? hindsight 20/20 on that one."

I guess i can understand why the punishment was not more harsh. we are a pretty tight community of what? 800 people? so perma-banning 1/4 of them would probably suck for the rest of us who made friends with those fuckin cheaters ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). It's not like you can really do the "Classic" thing and perma-ban cheaters, anyway. back then there were almost 500,000 subscribers to EQ, so 200 people cheating wouldn't exactly make a dent in the community.

and I suppose the counter to my counter-argument would be - it's a free server. max punishment is a no-brainer in this situation. i mean come on bros, we're the homeless here looking for that "Nostalgia" Shelter and instead of playing by their soup kitchen rules, folks be stealin the FUCKIN DINNER ROLLS DESPITE THE SIGNS SAYIN "PLEASE FINISH ALL FOOD IN THE DINING AREA" SO HELL YEAH IM GONNA PUNCH YOU IN YOUR SAD, HOMELESS FACE

and thats my story of how i lost my volunteer position at the homeless shelter.

just my 2cp as a p99 member.