View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Not as easy as P99, but there are pretty detailed instructions on how to get it going if you look around.
  • EQMac is also known as the al'kabor server. It's a server that's timelocked in 2002 (planes of power).
  • It still has very classic mechanics, you can use the original models, etc. It is frequently consulted as a basis for making changes to this server.
  • It previously required a gold SOE subscription but is now free to play.
  • Mobs seem generally (and correctly) harder
  • There are no shared experience penalties
  • Chardok, PoH, PoF, etc have been revamped.
  • The community is slightly smaller, probably 300-400 on at a time average are the estimates i've seen
  • Raiding at the very high end is done via rotation, up through velious and some of luclin, there isn't enough people raiding to constitute anything of that nature
  • There is no variance other than the natural 6-12 hour variance that was actually classic on some mobs.
  • The community is significantly better on the whole than what i've seen here, probably due to the fact that it skews older.
  • Yesterday SOE announced a dedicated community relations manager for the server who will run monthly events.

I know quite a few of us will likely end up there after deciding that the current state of this server isn't sustainable as an outlet for recreation in many regards, but I've enjoyed my time on P99 immensely.