View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Orc

While I understand that porting classes are the most affected due to the boats, how much business are they actually losing? There are what, 200 people online on average? I am guessing that more than half of everyone on the server is in a guild who has porting classes that port for free. It seems that any profit that can be made off of porting strangers for 20pp is minuscule at best.

The immersion factor in translocators is absent either way. With the previous set up, the whole boating scene is skipped entirely. With the new one, the boating scene is still skipped, except it is now a time sink.

While it appears to some to be a clever emulation of boats, it seems that there is no immersion in the new setup. Sitting on the dock waiting for 20 minutes to be instantly ported to the next for another wait does not even compare to riding aboard the Maidens Voyage and watching the islands fade away in the distance, or sailing into Firona Vie for the first time, or cruising past icebergs on a gnomish steamboat in Iceclad.

Personally, I think the previous set up makes up for the absence of the boating immersion factor, and I think it should be reinstated as it was until boats function properly.

Slayn