View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Default Monk BotB: Further consideration and clarification requested.

I am a little confused about the Monk BotB. No matter what rules you impose, some monks will have an advantage. That's just the way the world works. But I think some items need further consideration or clarification.

Fists vs. 1HBs vs. 2HBs: Allowing 1HBs but not 2HBs doesn't make much sense to me. Imho, you should just either keep it like the original BotB (fists only) or allow all weapon types and just say which weapons are specifically not allowed (i.e.: Tstaff). This will also allow monks more combat choices (joust vs. toe-to-toe). Fists put the monks on a mostly even weapon balance, 1HBs will weigh in favor of Wu Fists(rare)/stun weapons, 2HBs will weigh in favor of VP staff(rare)/IFS for jousting.
*Note - Bo Staff of Trorsmang: If you end up allowing 2HBs, will this be allowed? It is getting nerfed, but not by too much (unlike Blackstone Maul).
Epic proc: Monk epic is pretty available (i.e.: no specific guilds have a monopoly on this). Click was used in original BotB. I see no issue with allowing this. Also makes the fights go faster.

Robe of the whistling fists: Not sure about other servers, but on mine I don't think we knew about the effect stacking with epic so no one really got both. Which is probably why you don't see it in video. Odd to allow epic proc but not robe proc, though I don't see this as a big deal.

Range weapons: What will be the stance on this regardless of allowing 1HBs or 2HBS? Probably isn't a big deal, but 100 damage shurikens can hurt. I don't want to be disqualified if I toss one.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>