View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good morning,

I was curious what are the differences in manner of play style at the end game for these two classes. I know paladins can heal buff and rez. SK can snare, self heal, FD. What are their roles in raids and how is playing them different? Does one have a greater need than the other? Is one easier to gear? Does one solo better? Anything else I don't know i don't know?

Thank you!
As for gearing, they are basically equal, very few items are only useable by one class. For soloing leveling, the play styles are very different. Shadow Knight will do a lot more fear kiting with snare, or go toe-to-toe with Lifetaps (less efficient). FD provides nice utility of course and can suit a player that likes that safety net.

Paladin will solo toe to toe and excel vs. casters by using stuns and against undead. They can break camps with calm spells and CC with roots. Self heals are nice, and if you can get Deepwater helm or Deepwater breastplate, those provide significant manna free heels and change the way you can solo efficiently.

I soloed both classes to 60 and personally found the Paladin to be more fun. Both can be enjoyable however, so think about what style and toolkit appeals the most to you!