View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've rolled 3 Troll SKs over the years. My first was in retail, which I rolled on day one, and my other two are on Blue and Green.

Based on my past experience playing Troll SK, I put all of my starting points into Intelligence when I rolled a new one on Green. It made sense to me since I rarely die before blowing through my mana pool. I don't plan on raiding much, if at all, so there's no reason for me to assume that I'll ever hit the Intelligence cap, and Troll melee stats are already stellar. SKs end up getting twice as much mana (10) per point of Intelligence than they get hit points (5.2) per point of Stamina by the time the level cap is increased to 60 so it seemed like the natural choice.

The argument for putting all starting points into Stamina is sound, but only if you plan on focusing more on the end game, which means raiding. For every other aspect of the game, I think mana is a more decisive factor than hit points, especially when soloing. Being able to grab another tool out of your fairly robust toolbox will come in handy more often than a hit point boost.
Thanks for the response. It helps a lot. He ended up going with full INT on his Troll SK after carefully considering what everyone has said.

Here is another question for you all. Does diety mean much for my friend as a Troll SK? He picked Innoruk but doesn't know if that will affect him greatly in other cities. Where would he be KoS? Can he enter Oggok and Neriak with no issues? What difference would it have made if he picked CZ?