View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Initial stat allocation means dick for the raiding end game. People talk about raiding oh hit points this or mana that, yeah great. I want to hear from any lv 60 SKs here about their tragic stories from a raid that went sour because they were missing a hundred hit points or two hundred mana. Yeah we almost had Vox but muh hundred....

That's just ridiculous min-max theoretical stuff, in practice the application is minimal. It's just perception. Literally no one outside the toon is going to notice Player X has a 100 less or more hp in a situation where you're getting quad hits of 600 or hiroshima nukes.

The only real effect your initial stat allocation has any effect is the mid-game, where the level-based formulas actually let you notice the effect, and you don't have super gear yet to plug your holes. And it's really a reflection of your chosen play style. I like to tank in groups and I also like to sit there by myself and process blues. In the first situation I never need mana. In the second mana is my bottleneck.

Having said that I regret my initial stat allocation and wish I went with the most hardcore choice: full AGI.