View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make EQ Look Significantly Better Graphically,
and
EQClassicHD - better elf pixels!

I'd like to try out a graphics upgrade and so I was wondering if these are compatible with one another, or if I should just use one of them.
Use one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryhole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Psycher also did his own character texture updates which just appear to be an update of the actual textures, and not enhanced/altered touch-ups that EQClassicHD has. (Apparently he also applied these changes to armor, as his screenshots show this.)
His package does include some completely redone textures done by Apog/Nysus & Joyelle: all robes (sans SMR), human male monk, cloth, chain, leather, & plate, dark elf male cloth & plate, wood elf male leather, & chain-wearing froglok. These were all included in EQClassicHD, and some of them had missing components which can make the set look awkward or incomplete but were redone for EQClassicHD - wood elf male leather arm and human male hand textures, for example. There was also a redone SMR texture that was either abandoned or just forgotten about which I managed to exhume from the bowels of the internet and sufficiently retouch for EQClassicHD.

The redone character/armor textures unique to EQClassHD are as follows: Sorn retouched all character faces and barbarian male chest, Cucumbers redid all shields (with a couple exceptions that couldn't be improved), retouched wood elf male chain, human female plate, human male/female plate helm, barbarian male/female cloth, leather, chain, & plate, iksar male/female plate (color correction), wood elf female plate helmet, gnome male chain helm (uses wood elf female plate helm), & high elf male/female plate, and also fixed the classic male human monk pants to be classic whereas the classic male human monk pants in Chebby/Psycher's package look the same as the Velious pants. EQClassicHD includes various classic and Velious helmet visor corrections: female troll custom Velious helm, female erudite custom Velious helm, male gnome classic chain helm, male barbarian classic leather helm, female wood elf classic plate & custom Velious helm. EQClassicHD also includes a ton of completely redone weapon & held item textures which are mostly true to classic aesthetics.

EQClassicHD textures were upscaled using a superior denoise algorithm and converted to DDS for memory conservation so you'll crash less often, whereas Chebby/Psycher's texture package from 2013 will cause your client to crash more often. EQClassicHD includes all transparency patcher fixes preapplied, as well as all of Zaela's fixes (wolf run speed & iksar combat animations, and necro, bard, druid, & cleric epic weapon particles - these were previously radiating around the weapon in a circle, fixed to radiate in a sphere). Epic weapon particle textures were also upscaled to a higher resolution. See our Wiki page for more info: https://wiki.project1999.com/EQClassicHD
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 12-02-2018 at 06:51 PM..