View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Both are very powerful soloers. Enchanters do win out because they can charm anything, not just undead, which makes them more versatile in choosing camps. Both classes have a lot of useful tools for soloing: necros have snare, root, feign death, lifetaps, and lich (+mana regen at the cost of health), while enchanters have tons of mezzes, lulls, and stuns, as well as root, clarity, and slows.

EXP per hour with charming is gonna be faster than any other non-bard method, so whichever class you're playing, if you want to level as quickly as possible, charming is the way to go. From what I've heard, on Live charming was considerably harder than it is on P99, since it broke more often than here and root was also less reliable than here. So on Live, necro was maybe the faster leveler; on here, not necessarily so.

In my opinion, the enchanter beats out the necromancer in practically every way. The only thing you can really say the necromancer is much better at is lazy leveling: you can do easy stuff like root+dot or snare+fear+pet+dot which isn't as involved as charming and won't level you up as fast, but is nice if you want a more relaxed way to level.

In terms of gear, you can level both from scratch, no doubt. Charisma is definitely useful for enchanters, but you can do fine early on without having heaps of it. Enchanters can make money with jewelcrafting, even early on with silver and electrum combines, which can help you fund your own jewelry (easy +cha, +int, and +hp) as well as help you buy other gear.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!