Thread: Economy - Plat
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

A lot of items are from people who sit in tunnel all day and only do tunnelquesting, they will buy and monopolize a semi-rare piece, then boost the price up on multiple alts/names on both forums and wiki. This is usually the mid-range items like 10-50k. Most of those have been boosted up by at least 10-30k lol, like Lute of the Howler.

The big name items are because there are a lot more guilds getting to some of these items. They are monopolizing them (because raid guilds turn people into scum, I know: i've been in 3 of them) then reselling at like 100k+ the price. Like Cowl of Mortality has went up from 140 last year to like 200-300+ now. It's hilarious.

Now items like Drums of the Beast it's because no one wants to farm the zone it's in. Sirens Grotto is probably the most difficult non-raid zone in game, and the camp is awful (I've done it) They are definitely not worth more than 150k, but since no one is farming it you can't really say shit.

Also, you will probably be blasted for this post by annoying, bored manchildren who sit on the forum all day but it is a legit question imo. Hope it doesn't run you off the server because it's run a ton of folks off, but gear isn't THAT important and it will come without having to pay for it if you hit 60.

-A guy who used to tunnelquest & has been in multiple raid guilds