View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 05:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is what vanilla was really like and while i'm having an absolute blast, that's because I planned an extensive adventure loop around foreknowledge of what vanilla was really like. and that will come to an end when I reach a certain level. in actual vanilla, everyone who wasn't an OP class spent a lot of LFG time begging for pity and/or mercy. get used to it.

imo having the poll while the bulk of people were still playing with spawn time reduction was wrong, at least methodologically. whatever results were gathered doesn't reflect vanilla. either the spawn time reduction system needs to be applied universally, or a split is necessary. the correct move is to apply spawn time reduction universally rather than split because it's fun to have a packed server.
Gotta call incorrect and rose tinted glasses on this one.

I did play during vanilla launch and a newbie zone wasn't packed with 350 players sitting in a single exact spot waiting for that mob to spawn.

Hint - there wasn't a single sever on original live during launch week that had 2k+ active players that knew all the in and outs of EQ