Thread: Home Ownership
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct, but homes require continuous investment and service personal which accomplish related tasks. Would they then be government workers? Plus, USSRs housing solution, with a careful consideration to avoid "western decadence" was more abhorrent than their cars. Why is my government house so much shittier looking than that guy's?! *Points at Zuckerberg*
yes well, look, I don't point out Liberia to point out everything that doesn't go quite right with capitalism so it would be nice if Russia wasn't an example of what shit can be because capitalism can be great, but it can also mean you are the woman being enslaved and trafficked for sex so it has ups, and it has downs, we learned to live with the ups and avoid the downs is all.

plus, a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs. is debatable, but not an entirely bad idea at face value.

Notwithstanding this, if you take a wealthy capitalist society under a president, say Kennedy and that president starts an open arm race, knowing full well the soviets will have to take funding from social project to fund the military and ultimately collapse under that weight, you obviously get shitty houses but are we talking about your new house in Siberia or the housing situation in the USA?

I merely said that housing is a tough topic because everyone absolutely need one of those.

And seriously, who can disagree that a homeowner waiting for rent to pay mortgage is not offering any services, we provide him/her with a free house she can collect from one day. Let's also evidently take away the homeowners who don't need your rent to pay the mortgage, those are either people like you and me, or big landlord like the Koch brothers, or ted turner and shit.

I didn't even go in the good or bad, it's just evidently happening.
Homeowners thinking they do a job or provide a service.

Also the continual investment you mentioned is why houses aren't the best investment you can make.
They are not bad but can be full of surprises, especially if you end up renting it.
Last edited by Byue; 05-24-2021 at 09:28 PM..