View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Post Problem starting the game - new player

Hello everyone. I'm totally new to Everquest and I wanted to try out the original experience so I decided to start on p99. I followed the instructions and made a forum and a loginserver account and they seem to be working just fine. I found the game files online and installed them in a new directory and I also patched them with v53 files.
Now the problem is when I run the "launch Titanium" file I'm getting the error message: "Windows are not able to locate the eqgame. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again" (I'm translating the message so it may differ a little). And essentially I can't run the game. But I tried sending a shortcut of the file on the desktop and I ran it from there and it logs me in the game. Then the problem I have there is that when I add my credentials at the login screen I'm getting a "DB error - invalid password" message.
So anyone can help me out and tell me what might have gone wrong during the installation process and how to fix it because I really want to play this game.
Thanks in advance.