View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiterius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was considering putting a video together about the use of RAMDisk, and may have talked myself out of it. However, before I threw it out the window I figured I would see where the community is at in terms of storage hardware for their EQ Titanium client.
Do you know what a RAMdisk is? Because I use one to run my web browsers in, simply because it is temporary and upon every reboot gets all cookies/temp files/etc wiped out. If you are backing up your RAMdisk to HDD or SSD before power down, then you would be using those for storage. The whole point of RAMdisk is being transient and fast.

Long term I keep my install on a flash drive. Then I copy those files over to any system I will be playing on. Most still have HDD because they are cheap and I have many spares laying around. Main laptop uses SSD, but I am not sure I will stick with them. HDD have much longer lifespans and they do not die instantly, they give some warning signs for you to backup your data first. Maybe SSD quality is improving. My first couple died within warranty period, but the one I am on currently appears to be much higher quality. (I use Micron SSDs)
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk