View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zepp, the problem isn't that a single guild got a majority of the kills... I played on prexus where KTF was literally 10 steps above everyone else. The problem, though, is that if KTF played here they wouldn't be able to do the same, or have any chance at all. Why? Because of variance. I'm not mad that a single guild gets the kills, i just can't believe we're forcefully limiting which guilds and players can and can't do it -- the same limitation that never ever existed on any live server.

Currently the playing field isn't anywhere close to being even. On live you had smaller guilds getting targets and larger guilds (sit down, this one may shock you) had no advantage whatsoever when it came to raiding. Gore/Sev/Fay/Nag/Vox/Trak/VS are all on 4 day windows... 4 days. Even if you wanted to track them all 24/7 you'd be at a massive disadvantage against the guild who recruits anything with a pulse. In fact, it's been this way since we introduced variance. And why? is it necessary? We have FTE, there's no need to have massive windows to prevent poopsocking. Zepp, not only is it not classic, but it's stupid.
So it's an even playing field?