View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Unhappy Blue Server - frequently dying zoning out of Siren's Grotto while engaged

A guide told me to post this to the bug forum, but this forum felt more appropriate. Will move it to there if it turns out a lot of people have been experiencing the issue lately.
Anyway-

I've been dying a lot since the server downtime a few weeks back (and six or seven times so far this week already) while zoning out of SG, and obviously this is not something the in-game support staff will assist with, so I'm starting to meet my wit's end and am looking for any help/advice that ya'll can give.

Generally how it occurs is I'll be engaged in a fight with Sirens at the above-ground temple in zone, and something will go wrong (charm break, add on pull), resulting in me needing to WC Cap or Egress out. I'll complete the cap (and yes, they're always charged) or spell usage, the game will freeze, and then I will crash to login. When I log back in, I'll be naked at my bind point, and there will now be a charge-less cap on my corpse (to add insult to injury).

Doesn't really matter what my health is when it occurs. Today I was at full health and completed the Egress well before the two dispelled Sirens were within melee range, but still I died while zoning. So it's starting to feel like not even being ultra precautious is going to keep me safe at this point.

Usually have 70-80ms ping and the game is stored on an NVMe drive (970 Evo+), and these deaths typically occur during lower pop hours with a max of two other people in zone. Running Win10 LTSC, game is in XP compatibility and running as admin, and I play in windowed mode. I do also experience the shitty NVIDIA freeze bug that requires you alt+enter twice to fix as well.

If anyone has dealt with this and knows how to make it go away, I would be deeply indebted to you.

edit- I will add that in all the times that I succeed in zoning out while engaged, I never wind up on the other side with less health than what I had when completing the cap/spell (though obviously if I get out with less HP than my gear has on it, I'll be stripped of buffs). So it's like the server doesn't even acknowledge that I zoned out in these instances where I die.
Last edited by Jomar; 05-06-2021 at 08:27 PM..