View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Aviak

From what I have read on the list in various posts (which is not neary all of them), it seems that it has a few minor issues.

The most obvious of which, is that it forces an abnormal gameplay style of a grind it until you get it. While I've applied this methodology to many camps throughout time, it was never for a 12+ hour straight grind. A more reasonable and much more typical camp is where you could put in 6ish hours if you happen to have a free day; not 20, let alone 40+ hours straight.

The second issue being that while this list was implemented to prevent shitty gameplay and monopolization of these items/camps, I'm not sure if its actually accompolishing this. It seems to me that the average player that this list was supposed to cater to, is still overwhelmingly unmatched compared to the extreme and unhealthy dedication some of the community has towards this game. I'm not sure that obessesion will subside and line-times reduced either.. If these people are willing to put in 50 hours for their first manastone, I can see this being repeated when the initial wave subsides and the grind is morelike 20ish hours. I'm totally guessing and really tossing an arbitrary number, but I'm not sure the list-time will reduce much further than that, ever.

Lastly, the exploit to get around the personal straight grind; by having your buddy take over for a while.. If the whole point of the list was to stop people and guildies from monopolizing and passing the camp onto their friends, then it really doesn't make sense that you can logout, have your friend login to your account, and continue on the list while the initial player sleeps. I'm all for that healthy rest, but its seems kinda contradictory to part of the main point of letting everyone have their fair shot at these legacy items when not everyone has trusted guildies or real life friends that can help them do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I propose a simple/classic change to /list: no more than three (or four, or whatever) members on the list at any time, because on live that's all you could practically ever have.
Rationalize it however you want from a classic vs non-classic perspective, but I do think your idea addresses a lot of these core issues with the list. By reducing the overall list-time by capping it at 4 or 5 ppl, that will also cap the max wait time for said people; and in-turn, also reduce the need to exploit the camp by sharing accounts/camp time. I also do agree that this will encourage a more natural gameplay style of checking/traveling to the desired camp to see whats good.
Last edited by solidious77; 11-19-2019 at 01:48 PM..