View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I have read on the list in various posts (which is not neary all of them), it seems that it has a few minor issues.

The most obvious of which, is that it forces an abnormal gameplay style of a grind it until you get it. While I've applied this methodology to many camps throughout time, it was never for a 12+ hour straight grind. A more reasonable and much more typical camp is where you could put in 6ish hours if you happen to have a free day; not 20, let alone 40+ hours straight.

The second issue being that while this list was implemented to prevent shitty gameplay and monopolization of these items/camps, I'm not sure if its actually accompolishing this. It seems to me that the average player that this list was supposed to cater to, is still overwhelmingly unmatched compared to the extreme and unhealthy dedication some of the community has towards this game. I'm not sure that obessesion will subside and line-times reduced either.. If these people are willing to put in 50 hours for their first manastone, I can see this being repeated when the initial wave subsides and the grind is morelike 20ish hours. I'm totally guessing and really tossing an arbitrary number, but I'm not sure the list-time will reduce much further than that, ever.

Lastly, the exploit to get around the personal straight grind; by having your buddy take over for a while.. If the whole point of the list was to stop people and guildies from monopolizing and passing the camp onto their friends, then it really doesn't make sense that you can logout, have your friend login to your account, and continue on the list while the initial player sleeps. I'm all for that healthy rest, but its seems kinda contradictory to part of the main point of letting everyone have their fair shot at these legacy items when not everyone has trusted guildies or real life friends that can help them do the same.
Some things we can't change: unhealthy players are one of them. All the staff can do is try to design a system that channels unhealthy ugres in the most healthy way possible.

I think my proposal does that better than the current system, but that's really more like a side effect of my argument. When it comes to P99, if there's a fight over "make it better for the players" or "make it classic", guess which one (usually) wins? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So however great it may be for all of us, my primary argument here has nothing to do with getting players to act better (and I 100% acknowledge that no proposal can ever really "solve" that problem) ... my main point is: let's keep it classic!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.