View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDeckard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but theirs is not $3.99. Value for your money is a key ingredient, a lot of people forget about this. I think one of the cost-cutting measures Popeye's uses is the lack of the tomato. Chick-Fil-A already serves them on sandwiches so they put it on everything almost, justifiably so. Adding tomato to a menu requires a LOT of logistics, not to mention cost. Chick-Fil-A is a superior product in every way, except value. Got love for that humble tomato.

I wonder, do they cut the tomatoes themselves or do they come pre-sliced? I worked at a Taco Bell when I was 15 and the only real food prep we ever did was deep frying, opening 1 gallon cans of stuff or bags.
Fair points. The Popeye's chicken was much crisper than the Chick-fil-a, which may be a plus for some, but I prefer a smoother texture on a sandwich. The meat itself seemed to be of a decent quality compared to other fastfood chicken joints.