View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea what will happen but I am fairly confident that Rogean isn’t going to pay millions of dollars in attorney fees defending his right to host p99 if it ever actually came to real legal action, regardless of the Constitutional Law essays in this thread from esteemed high elven lawyers.
While this is true to an extent ... again, a company can't just sue a person (or another company, or any entity) without cause. I don't care if the Walmart corporation itself hates me with a fiery fiery passion, and deploys all their vast legal resources against me: they cannot bring me to court without cause. If they did, I wouldn't need a lawyer: the judge would throw the case out.

This place didn't operate for a decade without an agreement because Rogean is an idiot who wants to be sued. He has very deliberately drawn a legal line to keep himself safe, for instance by preventing any links to download Titanium here.

Obviously a link to the client would be very convenient ... but that would expose Rogean legally, because then he'd be (potentially) facilitating copyright infringement of IP owned by Daybreak.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.