View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonekb05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s your guys thoughts on Lodi vs hiero cloak in general? Is there specific camps you would rather use Lodi on? I would assume hiero is better in most cases but I may be wrong
Resists tend to save me more than a bit of extra HP, so I would prefer Lodi any day of the week if you had to pick one. If you can afford both, then use Heiro for melee mobs or unresistable casters, and Lodi for resistable casters.

EDIT: The reason for this is in MOST cases, melee average DPS is predictable, so it isn't too difficult to figure out the DPS pattern and keep your HP up with Torpor. Max HP is only really useful if you screw up on a pull or if you get really unlucky with slow. Once the mob is slowed and you are Torporing, you will not use a large portion of your max HP pool. Spells are cast at random, and can be very spikey in terms of how much HP you lose in a short period of time. So that means you are more likely to get into an unexpected situation, which will cause death or require gating. Shamans have very little in the way of spell interrupt, so you are often just tanking spells and hoping they resist.

Obviously if your Max HP pool is too low, you will run into problems. I would advise having somewhere between 2k-2.5k HP. I have 2.6k HP Buffed and I do just fine. But if you have the money to worry about Heiro vs. Lodi, you shouldn't be anywhere near your naked HP pool[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-17-2021 at 12:26 AM..