View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a bit concerned about this on two counts:
1) I play on a Linux machine using Wine. I hope that's not detected as 3rd party program.
No, WINE is not a problem. Lots of us (myself included) play on Linux via WINE, and many more use WINE-related software to run on Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) Awhile back I got a Roccat Nyth Mouse with 12 "programmable" keys. I haven't done anything with them yet (because, lazy), but I was planning on setting the 12 keys on the side of it to motion and spellcasting. The idea was to make playing my bard less painful.
Unfortunately, EQ doesn't let me set one character to be controlled by mouse/WASD and all the others to be controlled by the cursor keys, and I never really adapted to the mouse / WASD control method.

So would setting the 12 buttons to my number and cursor keys, for spellcasting and movement, count as "macros"?
As I could set up a single-key macro sequence of something like, "/cast 1, /pause, 10, /stopsong, /cast 2" etc in the game itself, could I assign one of the keys to this such an in-game macro?

I'm not going to do a thing until I know for sure it won't get me banned. My bard can wait.
I'm no GM, but the heart of the rule is simple: don't use stuff outside the game to let you do things other players can't do without such outside stuff.

So for instance, binding individual keys to individual mouse buttons is allowed; you're just pressing something different, but fundamentally you're doing the same thing as everyone else (one button press, whether on your mouse or keyboard = one action).

However, the moment you map more than one in-game action to a single button press (eg. if you make clicking your 4th mouse button trigger a "TAB press followed by a 0.5 pause followed by an "ALT + 1" keypress) you're cheating (because regular players can't do that).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.