View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it needs to be an all or nothing approach. If it turns out instituting the cap is very easy, but fixing wis/int values is very difficult, I think you do the easy thing first then work on the tough part.

At the very least this will give players a better picture of what they need for an encounter with a 'maxed out' mana pool. I realize this may appear unfair to some end-gamers as they have the best gear and want to be rewarded for that, but they can take solace in the fact that one day they will be rewarded (I'm sure that gear also has other benefits like resists, other stats, etc for the meantime).

If a dev commented that "At level 60 with 200 wis your mana will be X, at level 60 with 255 wis your mana will be Y once the mana calculation is made classic. Mana cap is currently set at 4,160... bid on your items accordingly", you could then at least figure out what kind of gear profile you are shooting for.

Would be interesting to see how this affects BiS builds... would Zlandicar's Heart go up in price for regen bonus (maybe other Aura of Battle items... hello Spirit Wracked Cord)? Would certain traditionally melee items start being bid on by casters? Maybe start building other stats for fun like +CHA (vendor pricing) or +STR (encumberment). Maybe you don't need 'BiS' but 2nd best or 3rd best item drops that bid for cheap fill out your mana cap easier.

Maybe it won't change much, but kind of exciting to see how Norrath adjusts.