View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm checking this thread too often. It's getting me excited! If we get a nice group of 10+ steady players then I'll probably go with the Warden. They are great in smallman RvR too for the off-hours. We definitely need a bard or two though. Tough class to play though, not something I like to deal with. Whoever likes a challenge should play one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I'm getting somewhat impatient too after talking about all this again, stirring up the memories of the good times we had on Uthgard in the years prior. Let's just hope we'll have a capable Bard or two, they can make a whole lot of difference, I don't really want to fill those shoes either, but if we'll still need one at the time of char creation - I'll make that sacrifice until we get a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my plan. I'm gonna roll Warden / Hero / BM and then my Eldritch as well because they're just too awesome not to have one. Mana spec until 40 for PBAoE then splitspec Light / Mana. In the end, I'll probably have one of each of those toons though :P
It's very easy to burn out if you try to level too many chars all at once, I've seen it happen too many times already. If you can drop just enough points into Light for the first/second AE Mez and the first Nearsight, that'd be more than enough for early-mid lvl BGs I think.

Maybe we should consider making more of a caster group for the "first set" of chars, we'd probably level alot faster and be able to farm gear way more efficiently for the melee chars we'd make next. Caster chars would also enable us to hold some real PL sessions, with AOE pulls and such, though we'd need atleast 2 mana-spec Elds and/or Enchanters, I'd cover healing, mana regen, and DoTs (ae dots eventually) as a Mentalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there an eta on uthgard 2.0? Will there be zerg xp like that other server?
Sadly there's no ETA currently, but we know it's not dead either, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that it happens soon. That zerg xp on Genesis was a bug during the first week of that server being up, it was fixed eventually, but Uthgard doesn't have those kinds of bugs that are too easily exploitable, they were all taken care of over the years.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-02-2014 at 01:47 PM..