View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignight, have you ever griefed anyone?

I act like I’m some kind of holier-than-thou white knight, but I actually had a lot of fun on a wizard killing poor newbies leveling in Mistmoore. I would log in Anachron and check thhe zone for players. I would med up on top of the castle and use Bind Sight to watch the group at the castle entrance. I would wait until one of them was low on HP, then finish them off with a nuke or two. Sometimes I could kill more than one, especially if they had mobs in camp. It felt great. Headmaster Anachron was in charge of the miscreanra of Mistmoore.

Sounds evil, right? But consider this. Occasionally, these groups would play so badly, I was shocked. They would all be sitting there at half HP, and they would pull three mobs. Fools! That was my favorite moment to strike. I would often kill two or three as the mobs ping-ponged around their camp. Why didn’t they just heal before pulling? Why did they continue to invite hostile vampires into their midst while unprepared? I killed them all. It felt great.

I remember one time I was watching a small group of three or four players. A bard was sitting there doing nothing while a nearly-naked warrior pulled. He would always get 2 mobs at once. The bard could have use lull to pull...or memerized the add...or charmed it! But no. The warrior, the bard, and their comrades would take loads of unnecessary damage due to their lazy, wasteful choices. I killed them and it felt great.

I got chased out on a few occasions. There was a well-geared ranger one time, a smart necro, and a well-geared shaman that turned out to be my friend Outer. The rest of the time, Mistmoore was under my tutelage. And I was strict!

For weeks, my heart raced as I came home from work, just burning to punish the foolish for their unwise play. But I did notice the population in Mistmooore start to thin out over the weeks.

I guess I’ll do it less frequently next time.
No such thing as grieving on RoZ. All legit.